![]() |
| This is the princess hair that is worn constantly and is now a bit ratty |
Samantha is enjoying her time here with Grandma and Grandpa and their house has provided all sorts of new opportunities for toddler hands. At The Fort, all of the light switches were at least a foot above her head - a feature I did not appreciate until we came here. Light on, light off, light on, light off. I'm hoping that this particular phase will end soon. The stairs have also been extremely fun for two reasons. The first is they are carpeted and not steep. The second is Grandpa works downstairs and Samantha MUST check on him. I've relaxed my stair restrictions while we are here because they aren't nearly as treacherous as the ones at The Fort. Plus, it is giving some needed exercise for her as the temperatures and humidity are way to high to go outside and play.
![]() |
| Swimming wasn't until 11am. This picture was taken at 7:45am. The lifevest and swimsuit stayed on until it was time to go. |
We have found that a great place to hang out is the ARC and it has an indoor pool complete with a kids play area. It has been a favorite spot all week and today we actually stayed for two hours. This is a first and I'm hoping it wore her out. She is finally getting to the point where she is no longer afraid of the water and actually goes all the way under now. She thinks it is swimming!
![]() |
| New haircut, with a Samantha alteration. If you look closely over her right eye (near the hairline) you can see where she 'helped'. |
Samantha and I both got haircuts this week and went short! I couldn't stand my hair as long as it was and the heat and humidity just made it worse. Both of us got professional cuts, and then Samantha decided to cut it again. It's a long story about why the scissors were out but I left them out and this is what I get. Fortunately, she didn't do too much damage!
The big story yesterday was that our stuff was delivered to Charleston, IL on Tuesday August 10. The problem is that we are in Columbia, MO visiting Grandma and Grandpa and that is about 4 hours away. The movers delivered our stuff THREE days early but because we weren't there they put it in to storage. And then called us to tell us what they had done. Oh and they also told us that they could deliver it on Tuesday August 17th. Nevermind the fact that Andy starts work on the 16th and has NOTHING to go to work in. So we went shopping today to get him through Tuesday. We made about 20 phone calls trying to get the situation fixed, but technically the movers fulfilled their part of the contract by delivering our household goods to Charleston in the required time frame. I guess it doesn't matter that they haven't been delivered to US. Technicalities really.
In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that bad (unless everything is broken or half of it is missing) but it just adds another layer of stress to moving to a new city and starting a new chapter in our lives. Everything will work out because there is no other option. I just wish it would have been a bit smoother. As of now, we will arrive in Charleston on Sunday (air mattresses in tow) and patiently await the arrival of all of our stuff. At least now I will have plenty of time to decide where everything goes right?



Yeah! I'm so glad you are doing this! Now I can keep up with what's going on! You need to post a picture of your new hair!! Miss you ML
ReplyDeleteI agree with Mary Lee- where is the pic of your haircut? Samantha's is adorable, and the 'help' she gave will be a great story later. :) Janel
ReplyDelete