Wednesday, November 18, 2009

3yr old Template


The above picture doesn't have anything to do with this post, but I thought I would show you some of the sights on base.  This is one of the oldest 'working' lighthouses in the US.

I know it has been a couple of days and I can honestly say that there really is no reason for it.  EXCEPT that I had to catch up on House and Grey's Anatomy that has been on the DVR for a while now.  So I have vegged out on the couch the last couple of nights watching recorded prime time TV and fast forwarding through the commercials.

Not a lot has been happening around here now that things have returned to normal.  Things are finally starting to get cleaned up on Fort Monroe and when I got home this evening, all of the old hot water heaters had been removed!  We look less like a junk yard now.  :)  We have also found out that our renters insurance will most likely cover the flooding in the basement and we will file a claim as soon as we figure out what is down there.  I know there are quite a few book boxes down there but other than that, who knows.  It will be like opening presents on Christmas only more damp!  We were also informed today that they will move the fuse box out of the basement and into the kitchen and that we should move things away from the wall so that the contractors can get in.  Won't this be a pretty addition to the kitchen?  I will definitely post a picture once the remodeling occurs. 

On Monday I had a parent-teacher conference with Samantha's teacher, Miss Victoria.  Samantha is doing very well and has mastered almost all of the two year goals and milestones for her class.  So beginning this week she will start the three year old template!  You are probably wondering what she is still working on and the main thing is potty training.  Her other challenge is completing a task even when there are distractions.  If you have been around Samantha for any length of time you know that she wants to know what is going on in all areas of the room at all times.  Curiosity is good but 'focus' has to be practiced.  All in all her teachers are very happy with her work and so are we.  They are very good to her at the CDC and you can tell they really care about her which is comforting to us.

Andy is coming home tonight and should arrive here in Newport News at about 10pm.  It will probably take another hour and a half to get him here but at least he is back in the continental US.  Samantha is very excited and has asked many times if Daddy is in a 'hairport'.  She wants to know if he landed in the sky, which is much better than her asking if he would land in a tree. 

The only other development this week is that my cousin's son Samuel went back into the hospital on Wednesday with a suspected central line infection.  Fortunately he is doing much better and if you have the time, please say a little prayer for Samuel and his family.  They have been through a lot this past year and this visit to the hospital was a very scary reminder.  If you would like to read about Samuel and family, you can go to www.missyknight.blogspot.com. 

I look forward to tomorrow morning when Samantha figures out that Daddy is home.  She has really missed him (me too) and we are looking forward to the weekend!  Grandma and Grandpa are coming on Tuesday and will be staying with us through the following Tuesday.  Samantha is going to have a full week ahead of her.  More soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment